Re: Does Type Have = Operator?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Does Type Have = Operator?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> pgTAP has a function that compares two values of a given type, which it uses for comparing column defaults. It looks
likethis:

>     CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION _def_is( TEXT, TEXT, anyelement, TEXT )
>     RETURNS TEXT AS $$

Given that you're coercing both one input value and the result to text,
I don't understand why you don't just compare the text representations.

I'm also not very clear on what you mean by "comparing column defaults".
A column default is an expression (in the general case anyway), not just
a value of the type.

Maybe if you'd shown us the is() function, as well as a typical usage
of _def_is(), this would be less opaque.