Re: Time Zone in Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Shilpa Sudhakar <ssudhakar@internode.com.au> writes:
> 1) Checked the *postgresql.conf file* and the *timezone *parameter is
> set as "*unknown*".

What does SHOW TIMEZONE report?  Given the above, Postgres will try to
deduce what zone your operating system is using, but that doesn't always
work perfectly (especially if PG's timezone database isn't quite in sync
with the system's).  If it guessed wrong, you might have to explicitly
set the appropriate zone in postgresql.conf.  You weren't very clear
about where you live, so I don't know which of the numerous
Australia/wherever zones you should use...

> */local/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql80-pgcrypto/work/postgresql-8.0.9/src/timezone/data
> $ grep 2008 australasia*

> No results

Well, no.  8.0.9 was released on 2006-10-16, many months before that
change in DST laws was passed.  You need a newer set of zoneinfo files.