Re: Blob error after backup and restore [database > 5.5 Gb.]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Blob error after backup and restore [database > 5.5 Gb.]
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Amrit Angsusingh" <amrit@chaiyo.com> writes:
> after I try to restore it in another server which has the same environment [via nfs] and use the command
> pg_restore -d test test.tar
> The database "test" after restoration has the same data but no blob
> found .

Another thought here: what exactly do you mean by "no blob found"?

The current implementation does not try to restore blobs with the same
OIDs they had in the original database --- rather, it loads them up with
whatever OIDs the new backend cares to assign, and then tries to fix up
database columns of OID and LO types to reference the new OIDs instead
of the old ones.

This is obviously pretty fragile, and we are thinking about changing it
for 8.1, but I wonder if you are getting bit because you are doing
something that pg_restore isn't expecting.