Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> writes:
> However, this is also an incompatible syntax change, and any attempt
> to support both the old and new syntaxes is likely to be messy, so we
> really need to get consensus on whether this is the right thing to do,
> and whether it *can* be done now for PG10.

FWIW, I'd much rather see us get it right the first time than release
PG10 with a syntax that we'll regret later.  I do not think that beta2,
or even beta3, is too late for such a change.

I'm not taking a position on whether this proposal is actually better
than what we have.  But if there's a consensus that it is, we should
go ahead and do it, not worry that it's too late.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table