Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql
Дата
Re: Dyamic updates of NEW with pl/pgsql  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think we need some operator on records+strings for this functionality.

I don't see how you're going to do that without utterly compromising the
type system.

It's not so horrid to do this type of thing in plperl, pltcl etc because
you've already bought into an "everything is text" worldview when you
use those languages.  But plpgsql is strongly typed just like SQL is,
and I don't think we should undo that.

(This will also be my main objection to letting hstore into core.
It has not solved the problem of handling real datatypes.)

Сообщение: Re: pq_setkeepalives* functions
Сообщение: Re: pq_setkeepalives* functions