Re: Need help or advices : databases and tables invisibles and not accessibles !

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Need help or advices : databases and tables invisibles and not accessibles !
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Richard NAGY <richard@presenceweb.com> writes:
> Recently, we have found that our databases (all of them) and their
> tables are not visible and not accessible!!!!
> We are using the version 7.0.2 of postgresql on a Linux Red Hat 6.2.

> What is the binary file pg_log ? It's very huge !

Is it exactly 1Gbyte in size?  If so, that would suggest you have
suffered transaction ID wraparound.  As of 7.1 there is no decent
recovery mechanism ... you just have to re-initdb and restore from
backup (I hope you had a recent one).  7.2 contains work to allow
the system to run for more than 4 billion transactions without initdb,
but it's not in any production release yet.