Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> log_temp_files was introduced in 8.3, so we'll need to backpatch this
> to 8.3, not just 8.4.  Greg Smith tells me Simon has been busy with
> other things, so I'm going to pick this up.  Barring objections, I'm
> going to revert Simon's patch and change the behavior instead, per the
> attached patch.  I will also back-patch the fix to 8.4 and 8.3.

I agree with doing this for 9.0, but I'm much less sold that it's a good
idea to change the meaning of the parameter in minor releases of 8.4 and
8.3.  Aren't you risking breaking installations that work now?