Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

>> We've always output bytes.  I'd have noticed the discrepancy myself if I'd
>> read the actual docs ;-)
>>
>> KB would be more useful.  And I don't think people have enough scripts built
>> on this yet to make this break anything.  We should backport to 8.4.
>>

> log_temp_files was introduced in 8.3, so we'll need to backpatch this
> to 8.3, not just 8.4.  Greg Smith tells me Simon has been busy with
> other things, so I'm going to pick this up.  Barring objections, I'm
> going to revert Simon's patch and change the behavior instead, per the
> attached patch.  I will also back-patch the fix to 8.4 and 8.3.

I was expecting Josh's suggestion to get argued down...I'm curious why
anyone is considering a behavior change in 8.3 or 8.4 over this?  It's
reasonable to change the behavior in 9.0, and/or to correct the docs for
8.3 or 8.4, but I would think a behavior change in the earlier versions
would be out of line with the project's version policies.  I know I have
scripts that will mysteriously break if this goes into a stable
version.  I'm used to writing things that have code for detecting major
version and acting accordingly, but I'd really prefer this project
doesn't ever wander down the path where I need to start writing in code
for "do this on <=8.3.11, this other thing for >=8.3.12".

Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.