Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 x86_64 and 32bit shared objects

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 x86_64 and 32bit shared objects
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
CG <cgg007@yahoo.com> writes:
> Being the novice that I am, I thought that 32bit and 64bit binary code
> could be used interchangeably. Is there some incompatibility of which
> I am unaware?

AFAIK you can't mix the two in the same executable image.  If you are
stuck using a 32-bit-only library, you'll have to build all of the
Postgres server as 32-bit.  Note that this is probably not going to
cost all that much performance-wise, so I wouldn't recommend expending
any great amount of sweat to avoid it.