Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ouch.  I think our options at this point are:
> 1.  Revert 6051857fc (and put it back when we have a working
> long-lived WES as I showed).  This is not very satisfying, now that we
> understand the bug, because even without that change I guess you must
> be able to reach the hanging condition by using Windows postgres_fdw
> to talk to a non-Windows server (ie a normal TCP stack with graceful
> shutdown/linger on process exit).

It'd be worth checking, perhaps.  One thing I've been wondering all
along is how much of this behavior is specific to the local-loopback
case where Windows can see both ends of the connection.  You'd think
that they couldn't long get away with such blatant violations of the
TCP specs when talking to external servers, because the failures
would be visible to everyone with a web browser.