Re: stdin/stdout mismatch for COPY and \copy

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stdin/stdout mismatch for COPY and \copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What is "command output" and how does that differ from stdout?

> In this case, stdout is going to psql's stdout, not to the command
> stdout.

Hm, I didn't realize it worked like that.  So "command output" means
"where SELECT output would go"?  Is that what happens to COPY TO STDOUT?
(experiments ... I guess so.)

> I thought pstdin/pstdout were very clear in helping folks remember how
> it is different from stdin/stdout.

Fair enough.  If we need two flavors of stdout too, then I agree that
names are better than "-".