Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> As far as I see,fixed mapping relname to relation filename is the
> problem. This doesn't allow the coexistence of old and new relation
> files.

Yes, and Vadim has proposed using relation OIDs as filenames for
reasons of his own, IIRC.

If we did that we could also solve the problems we have now with
rolling back table deletion/rename inside an aborted transaction.

I've been resisting this idea, but maybe it's time to bite the bullet
and accept that relation filenames can't be the same as the logical
names of the relations.