Re: Converting char to varchar automatically

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Converting char to varchar automatically
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> Just a heads-up: each of those ALTER's will rewrite the table, so unless your database is tiny this will be a slow
process.There's ways to work around that, but they're significantly more complicated.

I think he's trying to get rid of all the blank-padding he's got right
now, so table rewrites are unavoidable.

От: Gavin Flower
Сообщение: Re: table versioning approach (not auditing)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Converting char to varchar automatically