Re: Autovacuum in the backend

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Autovacuum in the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> One goal for 8.1 is to move /contrib/pg_autovacuum in to the backend.  I
> think it has to be done in four stages:

>     o  move it into the backend and have it start/stop automatically
>     o  move the autovacuum configuration parameters into postgresql.conf
>     o  modify the code to use the backend API for error recovery
>     o  modify the code to use the backend API utilities, like hashes

> Who would like to get started on this?  It seems pretty straight-forward.

A small problem here is that until you get at least to step 3
(backend-standard error handling), none of it is going to be acceptable
to commit.  So I don't entirely buy Bruce's notion of bite-size pieces
of work.  You can certainly work on it in that fashion, but it's not
going into 8.1 unless most of the above is done by the end of the month.