Re: enable certain TAP tests for MSVC builds

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: enable certain TAP tests for MSVC builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/8/21 03:14, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 03:40:29PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> All done.
> bowerbird is complaining here with the tests of pg_basebackup:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=bowerbird&dt=2021-12-08%2004%3A52%3A27
>
> tar: Cannot execute remote shell: No such file or directory
> tar:
H\\:/prog/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_basebackup/tmp_check/t_010_pg_basebackup_main_data/backup/tarbackup2/base.tar:
> Cannot open: I/O error
>
> This comes from init_from_backup() via the tar_command.  I am not sure
> what to think about this error.  Perhaps this is related to the
> environment.
>
> +$ENV{TAR} ||= 'tar';
> +$ENV{LZ4} ||= 'lz4';
> +$ENV{GZIP_PROGRAM} ||= 'gzip';
> This means that the default is to assume that those commands will be
> always present, no?  But that may not be the case, which would cause
> the tests of pg_basebackup to fail in 010_pg_basebackup.pl.  Shouldn't
> we at least check that the command can be executed if defined and skip
> the tests if not, in the same fashion as LZ4 and GZIP?

Yes, I'll fix it.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Readd use of TAP subtests
От: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Сообщение: Re: Readd use of TAP subtests