Re: Readd use of TAP subtests

От Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Тема Re: Readd use of TAP subtests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:

>> On 8 Dec 2021, at 14:49, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org> wrote:
>>
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>>
>>> Now that subtests in TAP are supported again, I want to correct the
>>> great historical injustice of 7912f9b7dc9e2d3f6cd81892ef6aa797578e9f06
>>> and put those subtests back.
>>
>> The updated Test::More version requirement also gives us done_testing()
>> (added in 0.88), which saves us from the constant maintenance headache
>> of updating the test counts every time.  Do you fancy switching the
>> tests you're modifying anyway to that?
>
> We already call done_testing() in a number of tests, and have done so for a
> number of years.  src/test/ssl/t/002_scram.pl is one example.

Reading the Test::More changelog more closely, it turns out that even
though we used to depend on version 0.87, that's effectively equivalent
0.88, because there was no stable 0.87 release, only 0.86 and
development releases 0.87_01 through _03.

Either way, I think we should be switching tests to done_testing()
whenever it would otherwise have to adjust the test count, to avoid
having to do that again and again and again going forward.

- ilmari