Re: pg_dump end comment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump end comment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This might seem a bit silly, but is there any chance we could add a
> comment at the end of pg_dump text output that says '-- End of dump'?

Sure --- while you're at it, put a "beginning of dump" at the start.

Is it worth adding the database name and/or other command-line
parameters given to pg_dump?

One thing to think about is the difference between a bare pg_dump and a
pg_dump/pg_restore sequence.  Should these always generate identical
text output?  (They do as of CVS tip, I believe, though this was not
always true before.)

Possibly this is all gilding the lily though...