Re: Getting "Out of memory" errors on server 9.1.9

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Getting "Out of memory" errors on server 9.1.9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brian Wong <bwong@imageworks.com> writes:
> I'm getting a "Out of memory" error on a 9.1.9 server.  What do these lines
> in the log mean?  ~ Brian

It's a memory usage map.  Your problem is evidently here:

>   MessageContext: 3046113280 total in 374 blocks; 24584 free (5 chunks);
> 3046088696 used

As far as I recall at the moment, MessageContext is used to parse,
analyze, and possibly to plan an incoming query.  So the short answer is
that you're trying to run a query that's too long and/or too complicated.
We'd need a lot more details before suggesting how you might work around
that.