Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: what is the origin of postgreSQL time
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Julius Tuskenis <julius@nsoft.lt> writes:
> I have problem with postgreSQL current_timestramp. Where does it get its
> value, because it doesnt match system time. The problem appeared after
> this saturday-sunday night and is connected somehow with the daylight
> saving. Now "date" on the server returns good value, but the SELECT
> current_timestmap is 1 hour late.

> Postgresql 8.1.4
             ^^^^^

I haven't checked the timezone history, but 8.1.4 was quite a few
timezone updates ago.  Would a DST switch have happened this weekend
under old law where you live?  If so, you need to update to a more
modern set of timezone files.  Look under (probably, I don't know
gentoo) /usr/share/postgresql/timezone/