Re: drop table error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: drop table error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Kempter <kevink@consistentstate.com> writes:
> anyone know what would cause errors like this (postgres version 8.1.15):
> drop table bigtab1;
> ERROR:  could not find tuple for constraint 373617
> drop sequence bigtab2_id_seq;
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for relation 371698

Looks like system catalog corruption to me.  If you're lucky it's only
index corruption and you could fix it with "REINDEX SYSTEM <databasename>"

I seem to recall that you've had a LOT of stability problems in the
recent past.  I'm thinking that there is some underlying problem
with your system -- maybe bad hardware or a nasty kernel bug.
If Postgres were this unstable for everybody, nobody would use it.