Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries  (QL Zhuo <zhuo.dev@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> (2) My inclination would be not to back-patch.  This change could break
>> configurations that worked before, and the lack of prior complaints
>> says that not many people are having a problem with it.

> That's fourteen years without complains, still I cannot imagine any
> cases where it would be a problem as people who would have faced this
> problem but not reported it have likely just enforced the FS to handle
> case-insensitivity for paths.

Well, it's not just about case sensitivity.  The comment for
SplitDirectoriesString points out that it deals with embedded spaces
differently, and it also applies canonicalize_path().  I'm too tired
to think hard about what that part might mean for compatibility, but
it probably isn't nothing.

Anyway, I agree that this is an appropriate change for HEAD.  Just
not convinced that we should shove it into minor releases.