Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS  (strange@nsk.yi.org)
Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS  (Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net>)
Список pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> But large file support is not really an issue for the database itself,
> since table files are split at 1Gb.  Unless that changes, the database
> is not a problem.

I see no really good reason to change the file-split logic.  The places
where the backend might possibly need large-file support are
    * backend-side COPY to or from a large file
    * postmaster log to stderr --- does this fail if log output
      exceeds 2G?
There might be some other similar issues, but that's all that comes to
mind offhand.

On a system where building with large-file support is reasonably
standard, I agree that PG should be built that way too.  Where it's
not so standard, I agree with Andrew Sullivan's concerns ...