Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:04:02PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I see no really good reason to change the file-split logic.  The places
> where the backend might possibly need large-file support are
>     * backend-side COPY to or from a large file

I _think_ this causes a crash.  At least, I _think_ that's what
caused it one day (I was doing one of those jackhammer-the-server
sorts of tests, and it was one of about 50 things I was doing at the
time, to see if I could make it fall over.  I did, but not where I
expected, and way beyond any real load we could anticipate).

>     * postmaster log to stderr --- does this fail if log output
>       exceeds 2G?

Yes, definitely, at least on Solaris.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110