Re: Compiling Postgresql 8.0.3 on Solaris 10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compiling Postgresql 8.0.3 on Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Aly Dharshi <aly.dharshi@telus.net> writes:
>     I hope that you are well. I tried compiling Postgres 8.0.3 on Solaris 10 and
> encountered the following problem, has anybody else had problems.

> [dharshi::02:03 PM::~/downloads/postgresql-8.0.3]$ ./configure
> rm: remove conftest.sh (yes/no)? y
> rm: remove conf29127 (yes/no)? y
> rm: remove conf29127.file (yes/no)? y
> rm: remove conftest.c (yes/no)? y
> rm: remove confdefs.h (yes/no)? y
> checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
> checking which template to use... solaris
> checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
> checking whether NLS is wanted... no
> checking for default port number... 5432
> checking for C compiler default output... -rwx------
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled
> programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> rm: remove conftest.c (yes/no)? y
> rm: remove confdefs.h (yes/no)? y
> rm: remove a.out (yes/no)? y

That's fairly bizarre --- first that you're being queried about "rm"
actions and second that the "default output" check prints something
weird instead of a file name.  I think that the configure script is
getting messed up by "rm" and "ls" aliases intended for interactive
work.  Which suggests that you are using the wrong shell to execute the
configure script, because a plain Bourne shell has no such aliases.
Do you have /bin/sh pointed to something other than a plain Bourne shell?
Another possibility is that you have scripts for "rm" and "ls" in your
search path ahead of the standard programs.