Re: Accessing schema data in information schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Accessing schema data in information schema
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@wavefire.com> writes:
> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 13:11, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (Thinks a bit...)  Maybe it would work for pg_sequence to be a real
>> catalog with a row per sequence, and we also create a view named after
>> the sequence that simply selects from pg_sequence with an appropriate
>> WHERE condition.

> I'd think that would be a workable solution, with documentation notes that
> this will be deprecated in favor of information_schema  in an upcoming
> release ?

Yeah, we could consider the views a transitional thing, and get rid of
them after a release or two.  Tell people to change over to either look
in the pg_sequence catalog, or use the information_schema view.  Does
that view expose everything that there is, though, or will we have
proprietary extensions that are not in SQL2003?