Re: BUG #12749: WARNING: unrecognized node type: 701

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #12749: WARNING: unrecognized node type: 701
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> writes:
> On 10/02/15 16:54, dean deloach wrote:
>> Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.  Turns out, it has
>> something to do with the log_statement config parameter on the DB.  The
>> DBA changed and no one knew...these are the results we get when we
>> attempt to pull data from the GP instance via Datadirect drivers, for
>> different log_statement config values:
>>

>> log_statement=all  - returns n records, no errors logged in Greenplum
>> log file
>>
>> log_statement=none  - returns n records, no errors logged in Greenplum
>> log file
>>
>> log_statement=mod  - returns n-1 records, "unknown node: 701" error
>> logged in Greenplum log file
>>
>> log_statement=ddl  - returns n-1 records, "unknown node: 701" error
>> logged in Greenplum log file
>>

> That is pretty scary - I'd still recommend raising it with Pivotal -
> logging options changing the results of queries is ...*unexpected*...to
> put it mildly!

Given the described behavior, I'd bet a lot that it means somebody
missed a case in GetCommandLogLevel().  Which makes it annoying, but
not especially scary except for the fact that the failure is causing
it to abort the user query too soon.

FWIW, the phrase "unknown node" does not appear in the community Postgres
sources, either now or back in 8.2; it would violate our message style
guidelines to write it like that.  So this is coming from some
Greenplum-added code, and you definitely have to talk to them about it.