Re: Out of space

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of space
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Tom Bakken" <tom.bakken@tx.usda.gov> writes:
> FATAL 2:  ZeroFill(/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/xlogtemp.1091) failed: No
> such file or directory
> /usr/bin/postmaster: Startup proc 1091 exited with status 512 - abort

> I'm sure I didn't delete it.

This is just trying to make a new, empty xlog file.  I don't quite
understand why the errno is "No such file or directory" --- you wouldn't
think that write() could return that errno.  But the most likely bet is
that you don't yet have enough free space on the disk.  These files are
16MB each, and it could be that more than one needs to be made.

How much stuff is there in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_xlog anyway?  I think
that 7.1.2 predates some changes we made to keep down the number of xlog
files that would be kept around.