Re: ident sameuser failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ident sameuser failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephen Harris <sharris@concepts.co.nz> writes:
> I have set that up now and increased the verbosity of logging.
> Unfortunatly, this has not changed the behaviour at all.
> ie:
> Feb 26 14:59:17 workbench postgres[4243]: [20] FATAL 1:  IDENT
> authentication failed for user "testuser"

Hm ... what PG version are you running, and how are you doing logging?
There should definitely be some other informational messages coming out.
But it useta be that those were just fprintf'd to stderr, so if you are
using syslog logging you might lose them.  I'd suggest restarting the
postmaster with stderr redirected into a file (and *don't* use the -S
switch).