Re: Substituting Checksum Algorithm (was: Enabling Checksums)

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: Substituting Checksum Algorithm (was: Enabling Checksums)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr26, 2013, at 10:28 , Ants Aasma <ants.aasma@eesti.ee> wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2013 10:38 PM, "Jeff Davis" <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 11:44 +0300, Ants Aasma wrote:
> > > I will try to reword.
> >
> > Did you have a chance to clarify this, as well as some of the other
> > documentation issues Simon mentioned here?
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+U5nMKVEu8UDXQe
> > +Nk=d7Nqm4ypFSzaEf0esaK4j31LyQCOBQ@mail.gmail.com
>
> Not yet. I am busy at the moment due to events in private life. I might be able to find some time over the weekend to
goover the documentation but no guarantees.

I can try to write up the reasoning behind the choice of FNV1+SHIFT3 as a checksum function, but I'm quite busy too so
I'mnot 100% certain I'll get to it. If that's OK with you Ants, that is.

> > I'm not sure if others are waiting on me for a new patch or not. I can
> > give the documentation issues a try, but I was hesitant to do so because
> > you've done the research.
> >
> > The problems that I can correct are fairly trivial.
>
> The unresolved code issue that I know of is moving the compiler flags behind a configure check. I would greatly
appreciateit if you could take a look at that. My config-fu is weak and it would take me some time to figure out how to
dothat.

Do we necessarily have to do that before beta? If not, let's concentrate on getting the basic path in, and let's add
thegcc-specific compiler options later.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Recovery target 'immediate'
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Substituting Checksum Algorithm (was: Enabling Checksums)