Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Дата
Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> I just caution that we appreciate PGCon coming up and that we do our
>> best to avoid running into a case where we have to push it further due
>> to everyone being at the conference.

> If we plan it, we certainly *can* make a release during pgcon. If that's
> what the reasonable timing comes down to, I think getting these fixes out
> definitely has to be considered more important than the conference, so a
> few of us will just have to take a break...

I think there's no way that we wait more than one additional week to push
the fsync fix.  So the problem is not with scheduling the update releases,
it's with whether we can also fit in a 9.5 beta release before PGCon.

(I can't see doing a beta *during* PGCon week.  I for one am going to be
on an airplane at the time I'd normally have to be Doing Release Stuff.)

I know Josh doesn't like to do beta1 releases concurrently with back
branches because it confuses the PR messaging.  But we could make an
exception perhaps; or do all those releases the same week but announce
the beta the day after the bugfix releases.

Or we just let the beta slide till after PGCon, but then I think we're
missing some excitement factor.

Сообщение: Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Сообщение: Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release