Re: Multiple postgresql clusters with same version and separatebinaries

От Ron
Тема Re: Multiple postgresql clusters with same version and separatebinaries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 1/4/19 8:21 AM, Erika Knihti-Van Driessche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 10+ postgresql clusters (v 9.6) running on one machine - each
> having their own data directory and port. They all share same binaries
> though, and this is now giving me some headache.. I cannot shutdown all
> clusters at the same time, so upgrading them is quite impossible.
>
> I know that running several versions of postgres is possible on one
> machine - I suppose this would also work out with same version running on
> different locations, like /db1/PostgreSQL/10, /db2/PostgreSQL/10.. etc..?
> Has anyone any experience with this kind of problem?

(Please do not cross-post.)

Since they're all the same major version (9.6), you'll need to build from
source and then install the binaries to different locations.

Сообщение: Re: Multiple postgresql clusters with same version and separate binaries
Сообщение: Re: Multiple postgresql clusters with same version and separatebinaries