Re: parallel regression test failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: parallel regression test failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Mendola Gaetano" <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> We need to think about whether this bug is serious enough to justify a
>>> quick 7.3.5 release.  I'm leaning to the idea that it is not, because
>>> if it were, we'd have heard about it from the field before now.  In
>>> pre-7.4 code there is only one instant in the lifespan of an index where
>>> the bug could occur, and then only if the index is created empty.
>>
>> Agreed, I don't think 7.3.5 is warranted, but it would have been nice to
>> get this in 7.3.4.  Let's keep our eyes open for maybe a 7.3.5 later.

> 7.3.4 is already out, I agree that do  a 7.3.5 build is not necessary.

I dug back in the archives and convinced myself that this bug existed as
far back as Postgres 4.2 (nbtsearch.c dated 1994-02-07); it's probably
much older but I have nothing to look at to check.  Since it's managed
to go undetected for a decade, it's probably not a "must fix today!"
kind of bug.

I do think we ought to put out a 7.3.5 that includes the fix at some
point, but let's wait a few weeks and see if anything else turns up
to include.