Re: [HACKERS] pg_ctl kill support for KILL signal was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_ctl kill support for KILL signal was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.
Дата
Ответ на [HACKERS] pg_ctl kill support for KILL signal was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Addtest for postmaster crash restarts.  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] pg_ctl kill support for KILL signal was Re:[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 09/30/2017 10:32 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Heh.  I'm inclined to take it out. We could add a --use-the-force-luke
>> type parameter, but it doesn't seem worth it.

> I agree, but I think we need this discussed on -hackers. Does anyone
> have an objection to allowing "pg_ctl kill KILL somepid"? As Andres
> points out, in most places you can just call kill from the command line
> anyway, so disallowing it is not really a security feature. Having it
> would let us have portable crash restart tests.

+1 for portable tests, but it still seems like something we don't want
to encourage users to use.  What do you think of leaving it out of the
documentation?