Re: waiting for lock?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: waiting for lock?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@gnu.org> writes:
> If you send psql a SIGINT, it returns with:
> NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_rules" --- only table owner can VACUUM it
> Cancel request sent
> ERROR:  Query cancel requested while waiting lock
> ulsec=>

> Restarting the server (postgresql 7.0.2) cured all.

Hmph.  Something quit and left a lock set on some table (whatever
VACUUM would've come to after pg_rules), it looks like.  Could be
an artifact of the known bug in 7.0.* that shared memory state isn't
properly cleaned up when a client disconnects in the middle of a
BEGIN block.  That's fixed for 7.0.3, if we ever quit arguing and
push it out the door ;-)