Re: Postgres crashed on invalid IP entry in pg_hba.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres crashed on invalid IP entry in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
pkalva@deg.cc writes:
>    Yesterday, our production database was crashed as soon as we added an invlid
> entry in the pg_hba.conf file. Immediately, after the SIGHUP it tried to read
> the pg_hba.conf file and it couldnt validate the IP address and restarted the
> postgres server, as soon as we change the pg_hba.conf with the right entry
> everything was back to normal. Attached you will see the postgres log file at
> the time of the crash. Postgres version we are using is 7.4.2.

Works fine for me in 7.4.7 ... I get log entries like this:

LOG:  invalid IP address "1727.0.0.1" in pg_hba.conf file: Unknown server error
LOG:  invalid entry in pg_hba.conf file at line 56, token "1727.0.0.1"
FATAL:  missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file
HINT:  See server log for details.

and after I fix the pg_hba.conf file it lets me in again.  I see no crash.