Re: [PROPOSAL] Move all am-related reloption code into src/backend/access/[am-name] and get rid of relopt_kind

От Nikolay Shaplov
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] Move all am-related reloption code into src/backend/access/[am-name] and get rid of relopt_kind
Дата
Ответ на Re: [PROPOSAL] Move all am-related reloption code into src/backend/access/[am-name] and get rid of relopt_kind  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Ответы Re: [PROPOSAL] Move all am-related reloption code into src/backend/access/[am-name] and get rid of relopt_kind  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
В письме от 25 мая 2016 13:25:38 Вы написали:
> Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> > >This all should me moved behind "access method" abstraction...
> >
> > +1 relopt_kind should be moved in am, at least. Or removed.
>
> Hm, but we have tablespace options too, so I'm not sure that using AM as
> abstraction level is correct.
We will use am for all indexes, and keep all the rest in relopotion.c for
non-indexes. May be divided options catalog into sections one section for each
kind.

And as I also would like to use this code for dynamic attoptions later, I
would like to remove relopt_kind at all. Because it spoils live in that case.

--
Nikolay Shaplov
Russian Postgres Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [PROPOSAL] Move all am-related reloption code into src/backend/access/[am-name] and get rid of relopt_kind
От: Marco Nenciarini
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #13473: VACUUM FREEZE mistakenly cancel standby sessions