Re: win32 threads patch vs beta2 - what to do?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: win32 threads patch vs beta2 - what to do?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I'm leaning towards applying the patch now, and hoping for 2b to happen.

> I think we should live with the mingw BF breakage for a day or two. The
> patch is clearly an important improvement, but it should be as widely
> tested as possible.

If Dave is intending to build the Windows installer as soon as beta2 is
wrapped, then I agree with this plan.  But my understanding was we'd
missed his window for today and so that wouldn't happen till Monday.
Assuming that's true, the idea Bruce and I had discussed on the phone
was:

1. Wrap official beta2 tonight, so that other packagers can work from it
over the weekend;

2. Magnus fixes his patch Sunday and applies it then;

3. Dave builds the Windows installer Monday *from CVS tip*.

So the Windows version would be beta2-plus-a-little but we'd neither
hold up work on other platforms nor break anything in buildfarm.

Just an alternative thought.  In any case I agree that we want
Windows testing of beta2 to include this patch.

Сообщение: Re: win32 threads patch vs beta2 - what to do?
Сообщение: Re: win32 threads patch vs beta2 - what to do?