Re: [BUGS] bug in timestamp and out of range values

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] bug in timestamp and out of range values
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I'm not concerned about to_date so much as I am that timestamp_in lets you
> store values you can't read with timestamp_out.

Your example does not demonstrate any such thing.  What it demonstrates
is that to_date will let an out-of-range date into the system, not that
timestamp_in will.  Counterexample:

regression=# select '4714-01-27 BC'::timestamp;
ERROR:  timestamp out of range: "4714-01-27 BC"