Re: bug in timestamp and out of range values

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: bug in timestamp and out of range values
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] bug in timestamp and out of range values
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thursday 02 November 2006 17:48, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > pagila=# select to_date('3232098', 'MM/DD/YYYY');
> >     to_date
> > ---------------
> >  4568-06-26 BC
> > (1 row)
>
> to_date's absymal lack of error checking is well known.  It should
> surely refuse that input altogether, given that format string.
> Feel free to send a patch ...
>
> As for the range issue, date_in does refuse negative Julian dates:
>
> regression=# select '4714-01-27 BC'::date;
> ERROR:  date out of range: "4714-01-27 BC"
>
> but again to_date doesn't:
>
> regression=# select to_date('4714-01-27 BC', 'YYYY-MM-DD BC');
>     to_date
>  4714-01-27 BC
> (1 row)

I'm not concerned about to_date so much as I am that timestamp_in lets you
store values you can't read with timestamp_out.  Once the value is in there
you can happily move it around with create table as and such...

--
Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: bug in timestamp and out of range values
Сообщение: Re: bug in timestamp and out of range values