gssapi

От Robert Frank
Тема gssapi
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have the job of installing and configuring postgresql on a centos
5.6 system, which is part of a kerberos realm.
Unfortunately, I'm a total beginner in that field ...

I have successfully installed version 9 of postgresql using yum and
now wish to configure it to use the gssapi.

Is there any way I can find out whether the installed version has
kerberos support built in by running some command?

Where can I find a step by step example fo configuration and setup?
I've read the 9.0 manuals, but the postgresql.conf file doesn't have
the options mentioned in the section with gssapi (so no gssapi
support? or are they just not listed).
The manual mentions starting the service as a kerberos service, but
never says how (same as normal server, just with different conf
entries?).

What do I specify, if I want users in the domain in which the machine
is (and which is used for login) to be able to access the databases?

Thanks for any hints or insights.
Robert

Departement Informatik   FGB   tel   +41 (0)61 267 14 66
Universität Basel                          fax. +41 (0)61 267 14 61
Robert Frank
Klingelbergstrasse 50                 Robert.Frank@unibas.ch
CH-4056 Basel
Switzerland                                   http://www.informatik.unibas.ch/personen/frank_r.html