Re: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Kalyan (FS)" <kalyan@frontline.com.sg> writes:
> I am installing postgresql-7.3.4 on solaris sparc 2.8.

> gcc  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/includ
> e -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include  -c -o
>  stringinfo.o stringinfo.c
> stringinfo.c: In function `appendStringInfo':
> stringinfo.c:126: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

It seems not to be picking up the gcc-specific version of <stdarg.h>.

I don't know how you configured PG, but if I were you I'd get rid of
the explicit -I/usr/include --- that is unnecessary, and it is very
likely causing the Solaris-standard versions of include files to be
picked up instead of the gcc-specific ones.  For that matter, I rather
doubt that you need -I/usr/local/include ... every gcc installation
I've ever dealt with will search that by default, too.