Re: getting confused parsing ACLITEMS...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: getting confused parsing ACLITEMS...
Дата
Re: getting confused parsing ACLITEMS...  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The situation seems to be a bug that this patch would address.  It seems to
> me that when a username is considered unsafe due to containing double
> quotes, the double quotes should be escaped (and the backslashes)!

> Does this look alright?

I would personally say that the convention ought to match what is done
in quoted identifiers, namely: " becomes "", backslash is not special
and therefore doesn't need anything.

More to the point, this is highly incomplete... you did not teach the
adjacent getid routine about this, and there is code in (at least)
pg_dump.c that knows the quoting conventions used here.