Re: Distinct types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Distinct types
Дата
Re: Distinct types  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>> Shame, this was sorely needed.

> I understand, but the work required to make it work properly is too much
> under the commit fest spirit right now.

Personally I was wondering exactly why it's "sorely needed".  There has
been not one field request for this functionality; in fact I'd never
heard of the feature until Peter popped up with his patch.  I assumed he
was simply trying to see if we could tick off another SQL feature
checkbox with a small number of lines of code.

If it's going to take a significant amount of work then I think someone
ought to provide an actual justification why it's worth the work.