Re: observations about temporary tables and schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: observations about temporary tables and schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> ... In this case, I think the
> SQL spec was not thought out very well.

Many people think that about a lot of aspects of the spec ;-)

> I did not see a TODO item regarding global temporary tables...has this
> been attempted/done?

We concluded in the last discussion of this subject that our existing
temp table behavior actually approaches the spec's GLOBAL TEMP behavior
more nearly than it does LOCAL TEMP; but in any case, without modules
the difference is moot.  Accordingly, 7.4 will accept either syntax,
and there is no more TODO.  See the archives from a few months back, or
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-COMPATIBILITY
which distills that discussion.