Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer@linz.govt.nz> writes:
> Could it be that I have too much memory allocated for postgresql? My resource settings are:
> shared_buffers = 94952
> temp_buffers = 1GB
> work_mem = 19339
> maintenance_work_mem = 191845
> max_stack_depth = 2MB

1GB for temp_buffers is a *LOT*.  You do realize that's per backend?
Those other settings don't look too unreasonable.

I looked into the code and noticed that temp buffers are allocated
directly in TopMemoryContext, so this setting doubtless explains
the large amount of stuff in TopMemoryContext in your memory map.
I'm thinking we should push those buffers into a context of their own,
just so that it's clearer from the map where the memory went.