Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Don't downcase filepath/filename while loading libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 11:04 AM, QL Zhuo <zhuo.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> After few digging, I found there's a wrong use of `SplitIdentifierString` in
>> function `load_libraries` in /src/backend/utils/init/miscinit.c, and the
>> attached patch fixes it.

> That's a good catch. All the other callers of SplitIdentifierString()
> don't handle a list of directories. This requires a back-patch.

(1) As is, I think the patch leaks memory.  SplitDirectoriesString's
API is not identical to SplitIdentifierString's.

(2) My inclination would be not to back-patch.  This change could break
configurations that worked before, and the lack of prior complaints
says that not many people are having a problem with it.