Re: db corruption/recovery help

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: db corruption/recovery help
Дата
Re: db corruption/recovery help  ("Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net>)
Список pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> Someone flipped a breaker switch, and evidently triggered
> corruption in one of our major clusters:

> 2005-06-06 14:31:11.984 [20124]  PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 22376 of 79189398

It's possible that you are one minor release short of having dodged this
problem, as I see in the 7.3.5 CVS log

    * src/backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr.c (REL7_3_STABLE): Force
    zero_damaged_pages to be effectively ON during recovery from WAL,
    since there is no need to worry about damaged pages when we are
    going to overwrite them anyway from the WAL.  Per recent
    discussion.

This doesn't really address the question of how the page header got
clobbered in the first place, though.  Did you by any chance make a dump
to see what data was in there?