Re: db corruption/recovery help

От Ed L.
Тема Re: db corruption/recovery help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday June 6 2005 11:15 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> This doesn't really address the question of how the page
> header got clobbered in the first place, though.  Did you by
> any chance make a dump to see what data was in there?

I couldn't start the postmaster at all with that data in the
cluster, so no dump.  But I do have the corrupted file.  Haven't
gotten free yet to setup a pg_filedump on it.

The hardware setup is an HP RP5470 4-way running 11.00, with dual
HP Tachyon XL2 Fibre Channel Mass Storage Adapters going into
dual Cisco 9509 SAN switches to dual EVA 5000 disk arrays,
CPQswsp A.3.0B.01F.00F Patch upgrade for Sanworks Secure Path
Device Driver and utilities.  Not sure that reveals much of the
problem...

Ed