Re: large object dump-restore problem(bug?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: large object dump-restore problem(bug?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Risko Peter <peter@risko.hu> writes:
>   Here is my problem. The lo I restored has a new ID, and the description
> vanished. Is there a solution for this?

No, and no.  The LO *will* have a new OID; there's no alternative to
that.  pg_dump doesn't currently make any attempt to save descriptions
for large objects --- this might have something to do with the fact
that there's no official support for it (no COMMENT ON statement).
LO descriptions exist only in the mind of psql; they're a tad broken
even there, since that code doesn't work if you're not superuser.