Re: "unexpected EOF" messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "unexpected EOF" messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Any further suggestoins for which codes to use? If not, I think I'm
> going to commit the patch as I had it, because it's not any worse than
> what we had before (but fixes the annoying messages), and we can
> always revisit the actual errorcodes later.

I'm still a bit uncomfortable about using the 08 codes on the backend
side; but on reflection it's hard to see how it could cause any real
confusion, so maybe we should just go with that.

Another point is that the patch would be shorter and more reliable
if you just forced whereToSendOutput = DestNone, without trying to save
and restore it.  Once the connection is known busted, there is no point
in sending any future I/O towards the client, either.